Welcome to another stable update. So what do we have with this one?
- renewed most of our kernels, incl. the L1TF fixes
- we updated our Xorg-Server to 1.20.1
- mesa got updated to 18.1.6
- xf86-video-ati we used the latest git-snapshot to fix some graphical glitches
- Nvidia 304xx driver is dropped now.
- Virtualbox got updated to 5.2.18
- we backported a fix for kscreenlocker reducing the 100% CPU usage
- we reverted commit 6f130e8 in systemd, which improves network speed
- we pushed our rebuilds for python 3.7 and perl 5.28.
- LibreOffice is now at 6.0.6
- we added the latest MATE packages
- added some new Deepin packages
- Stefano updated our Adapta Themes
- we updated some of our Grub themes
- we fixed an issue with gpodder
- updated firefox and thunderbird
- updated dbus
- we updated firefox-dev and firefox-kde and jdk8 to their latest versions
- flameshot got a fix for zh_TW locale loading
- small fixes to pamac-cli
- the usual python/haskell rebuilds/updates
We hope with all these changes Manjaro to be more efficent for you all.
Our effort and all the needed information about the new security risk can be found here.
So please report back and give us feedback for given changes made to our repositories. Users of our 32-bit Distro should read this.
Manjaro Project Lead
Current supported Kernels
- linux316 3.16.57
- linux318 3.18.119 [EOL]
- linux41 4.1.52 [EOL]
- linux44 4.4.149
- linux49 4.9.121
- linux414 4.14.64
- linux415 4.15.18 [EOL]
- linux416 4.16.18 [EOL]
- linux417 4.17.16
- linux418 4.18.2
- linux419 4.19-rc0
- linux414-rt 4.14.52_rt34
- linux416-rt 4.16.18_rt11
Package Updates (Sat Aug 18 06:46:56 CEST 2018)
- community x86_64: 2965 new and 2912 removed package(s)
- core x86_64: 65 new and 64 removed package(s)
- extra x86_64: 1033 new and 1021 removed package(s)
- multilib x86_64: 22 new and 25 removed package(s)