Manjaro Gellivara was a great release! Now we are proud to announce v17.0.2, which fixes a lot of issues we had with our original release of Gellivara. It took us almost three months to finish this updated version. We improved our hardware detection, renewed our installer (Calamares), added the latest packages available to our install media and polished our release as a whole. Everyone, who used older install media than this release, should read also this announcement about password weakness and follow its advice to secure your systems.
Features of this updated release Gellivara:
- Latest LTS kernel from linux49 series
- Latest Xorg-Stack from v1.19 series
- Latest Plasma5, Apps and Framework and QT
- Updates to our graphical package managers
- Enhancements and Improvements to our Manjaro Tools & Profiles
- MHWD adopted a more efficient way to handle libglx binaries
- Updated and new designed themes and styles
- Updates on Calamares (see changelog)
We hope you enjoy this release and let us know what you think of Gellivara.
kind regards, Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team
Posted in: news