Also this update brings a huge rebuild of perl packages. Please check if you have installed some packages from the AUR which depending on an older release of perl and remove them before updating.
Other things to mention with this update-pack:
- We finally found some way to fix the Calamares crashes on some partition types. Thx flies also out to Andrius and Adriaan from KDE for fixing this long lasted bug. You may review the changelog.
- Fabian filled the upstream bug for Octopi crashing with QT 5.9, as we thought. In the end it was no theme issue at all, rather some compiler oops with gcc7 and the alpm-backend after Marcus gave us the clue where to look. Solution was to use clang as compiler to get all going.
- Philip released again Greg’s kernels as usual. This time almost all extramodules needed to be compiled due abi-changes.
- The glibc/mkinitcpio-busybox-issue should be fixed now on i686. Please report if otherwise.
- Last but not least Frede finally released pacman-mirrors v4.2.
As usual you find the regular upstream packages, such as eric, haskell and python. Please give us feedback and report any issues you may see with this update.
Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team
Current supported Kernels
- linux310 3.10.106
- linux312 3.12.74 [EOL]
- linux316 3.16.44
- linux318 3.18.57 [EOL]
- linux41 4.1.41
- linux44 4.4.73
- linux48 4.8.17 [EOL]
- linux49 4.9.33
- linux410 4.10.17 [EOL]
- linux411 4.11.6
- linux-RT-LTS 4.4.70_rt83 (x86_64)
- linux-RT 4.9.30_rt21 (x86_64)
Package Updates (Sun Jun 18 22:19:51 CEST 2017)
- community i686: 1201 new and 1102 removed package(s)
- community x86_64: 1235 new and 1135 removed package(s)
- core i686: 44 new and 49 removed package(s)
- core x86_64: 44 new and 48 removed package(s)
- extra i686: 1044 new and 1098 removed package(s)
- extra x86_64: 1044 new and 1099 removed package(s)
- multilib x86_64: 22 new and 29 removed package(s)