this is one of our bigger updates and will bring a lot of different changes to Manjaro. It is recommended to read also some of our testing announcements depending on the topic. It is strongly recommended to do this update as a full update and not partial!. Please use pacman from a terminal for not breaking your system.
So what changed? Well, we started with Plasma5, Gnome, VirtualBox, OpenSSL, ICU, added then Nvidia, XFCE-GTK3, X-Apps, Kodi-Plugins, moved on to Firefox, X-Apps, Gstreamer, Bluez, had some Kernels, NoSystemd, Python, Haskell, then worked on Kernel, Virtualbox, Haskell, Gnome and finalized with NetworkManager, Chromium, KDE Apps, Pamac.
Most might have some issues with the OpenSSL or ICU update. We have some recommendation for some Steam Games.
So take your time with this update and ask us anything, if some might go not so well for you. There will be a solution for it for sure. Please give us feedback as usual and report any issues you may see with this update.
Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team
Current supported Kernels
- linux310 3.10.105
- linux312 3.12.74 [EOL]
- linux316 3.16.42
- linux318 3.18.52
- linux41 4.1.39
- linux44 4.4.67
- linux48 4.8.17 [EOL]
- linux49 4.9.27
- linux410 4.10.15
- linux411 4.11.0
- linux-RT-LTS 4.4.66_rt79
- linux-RT 4.9.20_rt16
Package Updates (Fri May 12 17:46:31 CEST 2017)
- community i686: 1114 new and 1090 removed package(s)
- community x86_64: 1140 new and 1111 removed package(s)
- core i686: 69 new and 65 removed package(s)
- core x86_64: 69 new and 65 removed package(s)
- extra i686: 1274 new and 1259 removed package(s)
- extra x86_64: 1274 new and 1259 removed package(s)
- multilib x86_64: 55 new and 51 removed package(s)