After two months of development, we are happy to present Manjaro Fringilla to you!
The Xfce edition remains our flagship offering and has received the attention it deserves. Few can claim to offer such a polished, integrated and leading-edge Xfce experience. We ship Xfce 4.12 with this release of Manjaro. We mainly focused on polishing the user experience on the desktop and window manager, and on updating some components to take advantage of newly available technologies such as switching to a new Vertex-Maia theme, we already using known as Maia for our KDE edition.
Our KDE edition continues to deliver this powerful, mature and feature-rich desktop environment with a unique look-and-feel, and with the perks of Manjaro’s latest tools. We ship now Plasma 5.8 desktop in combination with the latest KDE-Apps 16.08. It was a huge step to get it all playing together smoothly and to give the user experience the same feeling as our KDE4 editions of the past.
We have now Plasma 5.8.2, Firefox 49.0, Nvidia 370.28, LibreOffice 5.1.6, Systemd 231, Octopi 0.8.5 and Pamac 4.1.5 added to these install medias. Calamares 2.4.3 has following highlights:
- fixed user creation so it obeys the list of default groups for new users
- added Deepin support to the displaymanager module
- fixed an issue which could cause a failed install with LUKS if other LUKS partitions are already present
- improved system requirements configuration checking
- fixed case-insensitive path handling when installing GRUB on VFAT filesystems
- fixed an issue which could cause a failed install when resolv.conf is a broken symlink in the target rootfs
- added support for disabling LUKS-related UI elements
- fixed an issue in the summary page, which caused the target root partition to be mislabeled in the UI
- fixed how the timezone setting is applied, so certain environments like KDE Plasma always obey the setting on first boot
- fixed timezone selector behavior, so that a timezone changes affect the live system immediately
- improved partition scanner code so it always excludes ISO9660 volumes (to avoid showing the live USB stick or optical disk in the devices list)
- countless other bug fixes
So please let us know what you think about this release.
Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team