After two months of development, we are happy to present Manjaro Ellada to you!
The Xfce edition remains our flagship offering and has received the attention it deserves. Few can claim to offer such a polished, integrated and leading-edge Xfce experience. We ship Xfce 4.12 with this release of Manjaro. We mainly focused on polishing the user experience on the desktop and window manager, and on updating some components to take advantage of newly available technologies such as switching to a new Vertex-Maia theme, we already using known as Maia for our KDE edition.
Our KDE edition continues to deliver this powerful, mature and feature-rich desktop environment with a unique look-and-feel, and with the perks of Manjaro’s latest tools. We ship now Plasma 5.7 desktop in combination with the latest KDE-Apps 16.04. It was a huge step to get it all playing together smoothly and to give the user experience the same feeling as our KDE4 editions of the past.
We have now Plasma 5.7.3, Firefox 48.0, Nvidia 367.44, LibreOffice 5.1.5, Systemd 231, Octopi 0.8.3 and Pamac 4.1.3 added to these install medias. Calamares 2.4 has following highlights:
- added support for reusing an existing /home partition if detected in the /etc/fstab file of an already installed operating system
- new netinstall module which offers a choice of packages to install
- rewritten large portions of the locale module, with new locale and timezone autodetection functionality and smarter management of locale.conf values
- added support for an already mounted loop filesystem as source for the unpackfs operation
- improved handling of partition colors in the partitioning interfacewhen operating on logical partitions
- fixed a user name validation issue which could in some specific situations cause a failed installation
- improved defaults in several configuration files
- improved bootloader deployment on EFI systems with an existing EFI system partition
- countless other bug fixes
So please let us know what you think about this release.
Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team
Posted in: general