Another week passed and we are happy to present our sixth preview release of Ellada. We found now almost all known to us bugs. Most likely our next release will be tagged stable. With this we polished the QT5 theming in our XFCE edition. Also the final Calamares installer was added to this install media.
We have now Plasma 5.7.3, Firefox 48.0, Nvidia 370.23, LibreOffice 5.1.5, Systemd 231, Octopi 0.8.3 and Pamac 4.1.2 added to these install medias. Calamares 2.4 has following highlights:
- added support for reusing an existing /home partition if detected in the /etc/fstab file of an already installed operating system
- new netinstall module which offers a choice of packages to install
- rewritten large portions of the locale module, with new locale and timezone autodetection functionality and smarter management of locale.conf values
- added support for an already mounted loop filesystem as source for the unpackfs operation
- improved handling of partition colors in the partitioning interfacewhen operating on logical partitions
- fixed a user name validation issue which could in some specific situations cause a failed installation
- improved defaults in several configuration files
- improved bootloader deployment on EFI systems with an existing EFI system partition
- countless other bug fixes
In our second preview we found some issues with linux46 kernel series, so linux44 was again used for these ISOs.
Please test this release thru and thru and give us needed feedback.
Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team
Posted in: general