We renewed some of our kernels (most of the EOL tagged kernels are now removed), updated nvidia drivers to 367.44, which fixes the black screen bug and released VirtualBox 5.1.4. We ship now KDE Framework 5.25.0, gstreamer 1.8.3, updated Deepin packages and some of our lib32-libraries and released the latest Intel driver.
Most work went into Calamares, which is now at version v2.4-rc1. These are the changes:
- Fixed an issue in the users module which could cause failed installs when entering and then deleting a name (validation kicks in correctly now).
- Fixed Portage dependency management in the packages module (contribution by V3n3RiX).
- Configuration defaults fixes (contribution by Philip Müller).
- Internet connection status is now written into GlobalStorage so it’s available to all modules (the key is “hasInternet”).
- Added support for GeoIP in the locale module, this relies on freegeoip which is open source, and can be used both as a service (freegeoip.net) as well as self-hosted. Geolocation is used to pre-select the timezone (same as Ubiquity). While this feature only performs a single HTTP GET and sends no user data, it has potential privacy implications. We have enabled this feature by default on Manjaro. Maintainer may want to disable it. Simply comment the line in locale.conf.
Archlinux upstream fixes are now from: Wed Aug 24 19:35 CEST 2016.
Please report any issues you may have with this update. Also read our troubleshoots to avoid known issues. Additional it would be good to test one of our preview install media to check these changes on a fresh install. Detailed package information can be found here.
Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team
Currently supported kernels
- Linux310 3.10.102
- Linux312 3.12.62
- Linux314 3.14.77
- Linux316 3.16.37
- Linux318 3.18.40
- Linux41 4.1.31
- Linux44 4.4.19
- Linux46 4.6.7 [EOL]
- Linux47 4.7.2
- Linux-RT-LTS 4.4.17_rt25
- Linux-RT 4.6.7_rt11
- community i686: 273 new and 246 removed package(s)
- community x86_64: 311 new and 282 removed package(s)
- core i686: 43 new and 46 removed package(s)
- core x86_64: 43 new and 46 removed package(s)
- extra i686: 331 new and 385 removed package(s)
- extra x86_64: 331 new and 385 removed package(s)
- multilib x86_64: 30 new and 19 removed package(s)