With this update pamac supports AUR. Simply keep your extra packages updated with your favorite graphical package manager. We kept pamac as fast as it was before, but enhanced it to support your extra packages compiled by your own or thru yaourt.
Also with this update we have new kernels, updated cinnamon and gnome packages. Our third release candidate for Manjaro 0.8.8 is based on this update-pack.
Current supported kernels:
- Linux34 3.4.69 – our default kernel series for Manjaro 0.8.7
- Linux38 126.96.36.199 – stable extended support kernel maintained by Canonical
- Linux310 3.10.19 – it gets better with each update …
- Linux311 3.11.8 – current stable release by Linus. AMD users should check out the new power support
- Linux312 3.12.0 – the latest and greatest. Don’t use it yet …
- Cinnamon 2.0.12
- Linux 3.4.69, 188.8.131.52, 3.10.19 & 3.11.8
- pamac with AUR support
Changes in Detail:
- community i686: 117 new and 109 removed package(s)
- community x86_64: 116 new and 108 removed package(s)
- core i686: 23 new and 23 removed package(s)
- core x86_64: 23 new and 23 removed package(s)
- extra i686: 181 new and 180 removed package(s)
- extra x86_64: 179 new and 178 removed package(s)
- multilib x86_64: 10 new and 10 removed package(s)
Update your system as usual with pamac, octopi or pacman:
sudo pacman -Syu
Notice: You might have to wait until your mirror has synced.
Please check: http://repo.manjaro.org
Talk about this Update:
You can talk about this update-pack in our forum.
Tip: KDE 4.11 includes a reworked OpenGL 2 compositor. OpenGL 3.1 got introduced. By default OpenGL 2 with the fallback to OpenGL 1 is used. If the hardware doesn’t support OpenGL 3.1 it automatically falls back to OpenGL 2 or OpenGL 1. When running kwin_gles KDE defaults to OpenGL ES 3.0 if present otherwise OpenGL ES 2.0 is used. Catalyst Legacy seems to have issues with this change. Here is a workaround to get it working:
#!/bin/bash export $(dbus-launch) export KWIN_DIRECT_GL=1 export KWIN_COMPOSE=O2 kwin --replace &
Save it as a script and place it into your ~/.config/autostart dir. It is also possible to disable compositing till upstream fixes the bug.