On behalf of the Manjaro development team I’m happy to announce our new stable release of Manjaro Linux ‘Ascella’. The last two months was a blast for us. Summer feeling and good people helped us to put this one together.
A special ‘thank you’ goes to Arnt who joined our team. His work, Octopi 0.2.0, gets introduces with the Openbox edition. This new front-end for pacman makes it really simple to keep your boxes up-to-date. With the additional support for Yaourt the whole AUR repository extends the official Manjaro repositories.
With a new welcome screen we ease up the introduction to Manjaro Linux. Important information and links to our forum, wiki and documentation plus buttons to start our graphical and text installers give you an amazing entry to this distro.
Both installers got tweaked and enhanced so installing Manjaro is a real no-brainer. Also our 63 pages Beginners Guide got new sections to help you thru the installation process. One document you should read first!
All the best
Live Media features:
- Kernel: 3.4.59 LTS
- Xorg: 1.14.2
- Webbrowser: Firefox 22.0.1
- Email Client: Thunderbird 17.0.8 (XFCE only)
- Media Player: VLC 2.0.8a,
- Package Manager: Pamac 0.7.5.2 (XFCE), Octopi 0.2.0 (Openbox)
- Whisker Menu 1.1.1 (XFCE only)
- Mint Display Manager 1.3.1 (XFCE only)
- Slim Display Manager 1.3.5 (Openbox only)
- Manjaro Settings Manager 0.1.2
- Live-Installer 0.8.7
- Minimalistic XFCE 4.10 Desktop (XFCE only)
- Minimalistic Openbox 3.5.0 Desktop (Openbox only)
- PA-mixer replaced pn-mixer and volumeicon
- Better pulseaudio support
- Latest free and proprietary drivers