If all goes as planned, we will release Manjaro 0.8.2 on the 27th of October. To find any regressions in our current testbuild I'm releasing 0.8-r1015 as Manjaro 0.8.2pre3 so we can fix stuff before 0.8.2 will hit our servers.
This release is mainly for developer and testers, not recommended for end-users.
Manjaro 0.8.2pre2 introduced EFI, GUID Partition Table, btrfs and nilfs2 support. Our x86_64 editions have EFI boot support thru gummiboot. With this release we are shipping Gnome and KDE editions aswell.
Since we rewrote our CLI installer and many people had issues with it we are offering now two installers. The stable one is known to work best and with the testing installer you have all new features. We also started to translate both installers to turkish. Thx flies out to our translation team.
To get the latest version of our installation framework use:
Test those images and report back any bugs or regressions you might find. You can download 0.8.2pre3 from here. Latest Network Edition can be found here. Please check your download with our provided sum-check-files (open them with any editor).
Changes in 0.8-r1015 (0.8.2pre3)
- Installer: add setup wrapper (choose stable or testing installer)
- Installer: language packages installation updated
- Installer: remove splash if no plymouth was found in grub.cfg
- Installer: add turkish translation – choose turkish in sysmenu [F2]
- Installer (stable): backport autoscrolling
- Installer (stable): backport network config
- Installer (testing): add resume= to grub.cfg
- KDE: updated to 4.9.2
- Gnome: updated to 3.4.2
- Cinnamon: updated to 1.6.1
Posted in: general