Originally we expected the last update pack to be the final one before the release of the 0.8.11 installation media, however there has been some delay due to major version releases of various core softwares. This update for Stable branch is relatively minor, the next update will be much bigger and should be coinciding with the 0.8.11 installation media release. Expect installation media release candidates over the next week, please test them if you can.
This update pack includes point releases for these kernels:
Java packages get updated – they’d require intervention, but the updated manjaro-system script handles that for you (if not – refer to this post).
Bar-aint-recursive, bspwm and related packages get a much needed update, protobuf updates mean that the compiz packages get a compatibility update, VirtualBox gets bumped to version 4.3.18 along with its extramodules, bluez gets updated to 5.24, KDE4 gets point updates all-round, Mesa updates to 10.3.1, for OpenRC users there’s a big set of updates, and a lot of other point releases/updates/rebuilds.
Please report any issues you may find.
:: Current supported kernels
- Linux310 3.10.57
- Linux312 3.12.30
- Linux313 184.108.40.206
- Linux314 3.14.21
- Linux315 3.15.10 (EOL)
- Linux316 3.16.5
- Linux317 3.17.0
:: Package changes
- stable community i686: 243 new and 234 removed package(s)
- stable community x86_64: 244 new and 235 removed package(s)
- stable core i686: 19 new and 19 removed package(s)
- stable core x86_64: 19 new and 19 removed package(s)
- stable extra i686: 332 new and 327 removed package(s)
- stable extra x86_64: 332 new and 327 removed package(s)
- stable multilib x86_64: 7 new and 7 removed package(s)