Being rather a calm update we bumped linux38 to 184.108.40.206, VirtualBox to 4.3.2, LibreOffice to 4.1.3, firefox and thunderbird to 25.0, tox to a newer git version, added some new GTK 3.10 themes, plus Xorg-Server is at 1.14.4.
We also released new install medias everybody can test.
Current supported kernels:
- Linux34 3.4.67 – our default kernel series for Manjaro 0.8.7
- Linux38 220.127.116.11 – stable extended support kernel maintained by Canonical
- Linux310 3.10.17 – it gets better with each update …
- Linux311 3.11.6 – current stable release by Linus. AMD users should check out the new power support
- firefox 25
- thunderbird 25.0
- virtualbox 4.3.2
- cinnamon 2.0.8
- blender 2.69
Changes in Detail:
- community i686: 250 new and 246 removed package(s)
- community x86_64: 250 new and 246 removed package(s)
- core i686: 3 new and 3 removed package(s)
- core x86_64: 3 new and 3 removed package(s)
- extra i686: 367 new and 368 removed package(s)
- extra x86_64: 365 new and 366 removed package(s)
- multilib x86_64: 2 new and 2 removed package(s)
Update your system as usual with pamac, octopi or pacman:
sudo pacman -Syu
Notice: You might have to wait until your mirror has synced.
Please check: http://repo.manjaro.org
Talk about this Update:
You can talk about this update-pack in our forum.
Tip: KDE 4.11 includes a reworked OpenGL 2 compositor. OpenGL 3.1 got introduced. By default OpenGL 2 with the fallback to OpenGL 1 is used. If the hardware doesn’t support OpenGL 3.1 it automatically falls back to OpenGL 2 or OpenGL 1. When running kwin_gles KDE defaults to OpenGL ES 3.0 if present otherwise OpenGL ES 2.0 is used. Catalyst Legacy seems to have issues with this change. Here is a workaround to get it working:
#!/bin/bash export $(dbus-launch) export KWIN_DIRECT_GL=1 export KWIN_COMPOSE=O2 kwin --replace &
Save it as a script and place it into your ~/.config/autostart dir. It is also possible to disable compositing till upstream fixes the bug.