Update-Pack 7, which got released two days ago, seems to had some issues with pulseaudio – especially in Cinnamon and Gnome. This issue got solved. Also we updated WhiskerMenu to the latest stable release and added other regular upstream updates.
Please test also our new install medias and give us some feedback.
Current supported kernels:
- Linux34 3.4.67 – our default kernel series for Manjaro 0.8.7
- Linux38 126.96.36.199 – stable extended support kernel maintained by Canonical
- Linux310 3.10.17 – it gets better with each update …
- Linux311 3.11.6 – current stable release by Linus. AMD users should check out the new power support
Changes in Detail:
- community i686: 99 new and 96 removed package(s)
- community x86_64: 98 new and 95 removed package(s)
- core i686: 20 new and 20 removed package(s)
- core x86_64: 20 new and 20 removed package(s)
- extra i686: 41 new and 41 removed package(s)
- extra x86_64: 41 new and 41 removed package(s)
- multilib x86_64: 5 new and 5 removed package(s)
Update your system as usual with pamac, octopi or pacman:
sudo pacman -Syu
Notice: You might have to wait until your mirror has synced.
Please check: http://repo.manjaro.org
Talk about this Update:
You can talk about this update-pack in our forum.
Tip: KDE 4.11 includes a reworked OpenGL 2 compositor. OpenGL 3.1 got introduced. By default OpenGL 2 with the fallback to OpenGL 1 is used. If the hardware doesn’t support OpenGL 3.1 it automatically falls back to OpenGL 2 or OpenGL 1. When running kwin_gles KDE defaults to OpenGL ES 3.0 if present otherwise OpenGL ES 2.0 is used. Catalyst Legacy seems to have issues with this change. Here is a workaround to get it working:
#!/bin/bash export $(dbus-launch) export KWIN_DIRECT_GL=1 export KWIN_COMPOSE=O2 kwin --replace &
Save it as a script and place it into your ~/.config/autostart dir. It is also possible to disable compositing till upstream fixes the bug.