“Community Editions” of Manjaro Linux are released as bonus flavours in addition to those officially supported and maintained by the Manjaro Team, provided that the time and resources necessary are available to do so.
Due to popular demand from members of the Manjaro community, this now includes a special new release of the MATE flavour for both 32 and 64-bit systems.
Subject to a complete overhaul, this version also provides early access to some brand new features yet to be seen in the upcoming official Manjaro 0.8.4 releases:
- New graphical boot screen
- Kernel version 3.7 replaces 3.4 as the default (with improved flash support)
- Manjaro Exclusive: Pamac – a user user-friendly graphical interface to easily update the system and manage software – replaces Kalu, Package Browser, and the Pacman-GUI.
The MATE flavour itself also has a few new features and surprises of its own:
- A new-look desktop that utilises the popular Mint-Menu
- Full access to the Arch User Repository is pre-installed
- Full multimedia support is pre-installed
And finally, some notable fixes and improvements have also been undertaken:
- Default Home folders (Downloads, Pictures, etc.) are now automatically provided
- The full range of logout options are now available (e.g. shutdown, reboot, etc.)
- Lock Screen has been enabled
- Hibernation has been enabled
In short, this release provides the most fully featured and comprehensive MATE experience yet on the Manjaro system!
- Download 32 and 64-bit Manjaro MATE Community Editions (Feb 2013)
- Manjaro Support Forum
- Manjaro Wiki
- How to create USB installation-medias
Posted in: general